Emergency Tyre Repair
If you’ve suffered a blowout or tyre damage, Star Truck Tyres offers a quick and painless emergency tyre replacement service to help you get back on the road. Our comprehensive services cover Melbourne, Laverton and Dandenong South. Call now to book!
The Plug and Patch Method
Most punctured tyres can be repaired and reused safely. However, repairs that are not carried out properly could impact the possibility of having the tyres retreaded or, worse still, result in a blown tyre at a potentially dangerous moment.
For this reason, our experienced team at Star Truck Tyres carefully assesses each puncture before advising whether it’s worth patching or getting a brand-new tyre.
If the damage is deemed to be within acceptable parameters, our team will use the Plug-and-Patch method. This involves plugging the puncture to protect the steel belts inside from water and moisture before patching the inner lining above the puncture, allowing the tyre to reliably maintain air pressure.
For more information, do not hesitate to get in touch today!
Fixing your Flats
- Truck Tyres for Sale
- Second Hand Tyres
- 24h Tyre Repair
- Mobile Tyre Service
- Emergency Tyre Repair
- Sumo Firenza Truck Tyres
- Best Deals on All Major Brands
- Superb After-Sales Service
- Affordable Prices
- Tyre Experts
- Dandenong South
When Can Punctures be Repaired?
Star Truck Tyres is able to repair tyres on-site provided they meet the following criteria:
- The puncture has occurred within the middle of the tyre and not the sidewall or edges.
- The puncture has a diameter or length of no more than 6mm
- There is no secondary damage to the tyre, such as sidewall deterioration, any splits or cuts to the inner liner or bulging to either of the sidewalls.
- There is not more than one puncture within each quadrant of the tyre.
- The tyre is not worn down to the point where the depth marker is visible.
Call us today for any questions you may need answered!
Putting a patch on it
Our care is fast and fair.
Our affordable services are designed to ensure your vehicle’s safety and smooth performance. Contact us to bail you out of any tyre emergency!